WWAC currently has an opening for a Part-time Administrative Manager.
Job Posting: Windham World Affairs Council (WWAC)
Position: Part-time Administrative Manager
WWAC seeks an Administrative Consultant to assist in organizational work including:
- Report monthly to the Chair and Vice-Chair of the WWAC Board
- Attending monthly board meetings (1 hour) taking and sharing minutes on a Google doc
- Updating basic WordPress web page to highlight monthly events
- Generating publicity around monthly events including creating a membership alert on Mailchimp, updating and managing an established e-mail list, sending out press releases, calendar items. updating media contacts.
- Assembling photos from speakers for events. Board members or partners usually write the releases but writing and editing skills are also expected.
- Communicating as email@example.com on behalf of the organization.
- Creating basic posters/flyers for events that are also used on the website and social media. Can be made in canva or other design programs.
- Attending and assisting at events in person and on ZOOM. In-person events require working with volunteers to set-up tables and chairs, organize displays and welcome guests. ZOOM events will be assisted through technical coordination and scheduling.
- Helping coordinate new Brattleboro Union High School (BUHS) Jody Williams PeaceJam / Billion Acts of Peace programming as a WWAC PeaceJam Support Committee
Hours: approx. 10 hours per month
Pay: $25/hour, paid monthly
Bonus: Bonus of $500 paid after one year service.
Dates: Position starts immediately.
Growth potential: Right person could help grow organization, create own Executive Director position.
Desired Skills: Social media and website management, administrative support on platforms: WordPress, Mailchimp, Twitter, Facebook, Google Drive, Zoom and YouTube. Interest in world affairs and work of WWAC and good social skills also desired.
Equipment: Must have own computer with reliable wifi access.
Application Process: please submit a cover letter, resume and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For 60 years, the Windham World Affairs Council has been the Brattleboro area’s premier ‘seeker of truth’ and dialogue on pressing foreign policy matters that impact our community and the world. WWAC is part of the “World Affairs Councils of America” (WACA), one of the largest nonpartisan, non-profit, grassroots organizations in the United States dedicated to educating and engaging the American public on global issues. Over 500,000 people a year benefit from WACA networking and programming.
The Windham World Affairs Council (WWAC) based in Brattleboro, Vermont, has been an all-volunteer council that proudly maintains all events free of charge to the public. WWAC seeks individuals with diverse perspectives who can shed light on the political, economic, social, and environmental problems of our complex world and offer possible solutions. In so doing, discourse and dialogue ensues. In the question and answer sessions, which follow all presentations, members of our community get the opportunity to grapple with the ideas presented. WWAC’s goal is to help individuals to better understand the issues and problems our world is facing.
Visit us at: https://www.windhamworldaffairscouncil.org/