Windham World Affairs Council invites members & friends to participate in a discussion about the importance of local journalism in holding representatives accountable and trusting that it remains possible to get “old fashioned” objective reporting on current events. Additionally, how do we protect our access to “speaking”/”hearing” opposing points of view on the topics that divide us, including, but not limited to climate change, the pandemic and the war in Ukraine and its impact on international business.
Enjoy a conversation with our featured guest
Paul Belogour, owner of Vermont News & Media LLC which includes The Brattleboro Reformer, The Manchester Journal & Bennington Banner
Click here for more information
Check out these sources to prepare for Salon (optional):
- Brattleboro Reformer- Paul Belogour’s Feb 22, 2022 OpEd War is the Answer
- Manchester Journal – Paul Belogour’s Feb 2, 2023 OpEd A year later, losers, winners and the effect of war in Ukraine on global economies.
- GW Bush Institute – Strong Local Newspapers Are a Key to Strengthening Our Democracy
- Bill of Rights Institute – Enjoy this “primer” that explains how the framers of the Constitution feared democracy and their justification for creating a republic, not a democracy. Republican Government
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace – Is Democracy the Problem?
- Northwestern Now – As newspapers close, struggling communities are hit hardest by the decline in local journalism